Origin: Marvel Comics
Classification: Human Mutant/Avatar of the Phoenix Force
Age: Likely in her 20s or 30s
Powers and Abilities: Telepathy, telekinesis, can create telekinetic forcefields, telekinetic energy blasts, able to fly and levitate, empathy, with the Phoenix Force she can manipulate matter and energy on a subatomic scale, can increase her powers by tapping into the life energy of those not yet born, regeneration, can create cosmic flames which can exist in impossible conditions and consume anything that Jean wills, resurrection, time manipulation, immortality, with the full Phoenix Force she can create quantum singularities, reality warping, absorb any kind of energy from Cyclops' optic blast to entire galaxies, cosmic teleportation, can control life and death itself, can consume and remove a near infinite amount of molecules per second, some level of omniscience
Attack Potency: Universe level+ (has destroyed the universe and gained total atomic control of the universe), Multiverse level with the full Phoenix Force
Weaknesses: None notable
Lifting Strength: Peak human, 50 tons with telekinesis under her own power, 1,000+ tons to immeasurable under the Phoenix Force's power
Durability: Multiverse level, the Phoenix Force protects Jean and if she is somehow killed she will be resurrected
Stamina: Superhuman to Limitless
Speed: Massively FTL+
Intelligence: Very intelligent, her telepathy has allowed her to gain a lot of knowledge and information
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable, sometimes a Mini-Cerebro
- Telepathy: She can manipulate the minds of others and even higher order animals. The range at which she can perform these feats is greatly increased while she is accessing the Phoenix Force. She has demonstrated the following specialized uses:
- Astral Projection: She can project her astral form from her body onto the Astral Plane or the physical plane. In the physical plane she can travel in astral form over vast distances. In the astral plane, she can mentally create psionic objects and manipulate the aspects of her environment. She can communicate with others astrally through her own will, or through contact with the thoughts and memories of others
- Mental Detection: She can sense the presence of another superhuman mutant within a small but as yet undefined radius of herself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiation emitted by such a being
- Mind Link: Ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains as a connection to that individual
- Phoenix Force Avatar: As the favored avatar of the Phoenix Force, Jean may greatly increase her powers by tapping into the life energies of those yet unborn. The Phoenix Force also allows its avatars to manifest additional powers:
- Cosmic Pyrokinesis: Jean, while acting as a Phoenix Force avatar, can create "cosmic" flames under any conditions, even seemingly impossible ones such as in a vacuum or underwater. These flames do not require oxygen to burn, and burn so intensely that matter is consumed without by-products such as ash. Jean has perfect control over these flames, and they only consume what she wills. Typically they manifest as a raptor or part of a raptor such as a claw or wings. The cosmic flames are literal punctuation to the Phoenix's purpose to 'burn away what doesn't work.'
- Immortality: Jean and the Phoenix Force are one-and-the-same entity at some fundamental level, and as such Jean can never truly die. Upon the death of her corporeal form, Jean spends time in the The White Hot Room doing 'Phoenix work'. The Phoenix Force can also restore Jean's body to life, although there appears to be some unknown limitation to how quickly it can successfully accomplish this following her death.
- Interstellar Travel: A Phoenix Force avatar can fly unaided through the vacuum of space, and can travel interstellar distances faster than the speed of light.
- Resurrection: The Phoenix Force can resurrect others after they have died. It is unknown if factors such as time since death have an effect on the ability to successfully resurrect a person, nor is it clear how the Phoenix calls back the soul of a person to their body.
- Telekinetic Sensitivity: This lets her feel the texture of objects she has a telekinetic hold on, feel when other objects come into contact with them, and probe them at a molecular level to identify if they contain alien materials or feel when two things which she has a telekinetic “hold” upon are similarly composed.
- Temporal Manipulation: While acting as the Phoenix Force, Jean can manipulate the past across large temporal distances and with a profound knowledge of the causal effect her actions will have. It may be the case that time as a concept doesn't apply to the White Hot Room.
- Psionic Blasts: She can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and turning someone brain-dead
- Psionic Firebird: She can manifest her telepathy as a psionic firebird whose claws can inflict both physical and mental damage
- Telekinesis: Telekinetic abilities enable her to levitate herself or other objects, propel or manipulate them however she wishes, stimulate individual molecules to create heat, and generate concussive force or protective shields.
- Telekinetic Forcefields: Jean Grey usually protects herself and others with a personal force field, as well as powerful shields and energy blasts.
- Telepathic Defense: She can manifest her telepathy in a number of defensive ways;
- Cloak Mind: Ability to rearrange the “mental engrams” of mutants so their distinctive mutant thought patterns cannot be detected by Cerebro-type devices or by other telepaths
- Psionic Shield: Ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of herself and of others' minds
- Telepathic Cloak: She can mask her presence and the use of her abilities from being detected by other psions and psychic entities. She can extend these defenses to others around her as well.
- Telepathic Illusions: She can create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring
- Telepathic Camouflage: She can alter the apparent physical appearance of herself and other people by altering the perceptions of those around her. This can go so far as to make other people believe that the camouflaged people are not there (invisible). A limit, if one exists, is only imposed by the number of people she is trying to fool, not the number of people she is camouflaging
- Telepathic Manipulation: She can manipulate other people's minds easily, achieving a variety of effects.
- Heal Trauma: The ability to erase a person’s memories and to heal mental trauma through “psychic surgery,” the power to stimulate or deaden the pain and pleasure centers in a person's brain
- Mental Amnesia: She can erase any awareness of particular memories or cause total amnesia.
- Mental Paralysis: She can induce temporary mental or physical paralysis
- Mental Sedating: Can telepathically "sedate" her victims so that, if already rendered unconscious, they remain so for as long as she continues to "sedate" them
- Mind Control: She can control the thoughts and actions of others
- Mind Possession: She can possess the mind of another, and use that being's body as her own
- Mind Transferal: She can transfer both her mind and powers into other host bodies if her own physical body is somehow killed
- Neural Jumpstart: She can increase the speed of neural signals in the brain, she could increase another mutant's powers to incredible levels, but the ***Dilate Power: Ability to place “psychic inhibitors” in the minds of mutant adversaries to prevent them from using their powers
- Personality Alteration: She can alter the minds of others by force of will, permanently changing their personality partially or entirely